Small locally-owned manufacturer of thermoformed plastic kayaks needs an administrative assistant. Be part of our team that builds and sells high quality, durable and beautiful kayaks!
Working hours are 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM, Monday through Friday. Starting wages are competitive and negotiable based on experience. Full time benefits include medical, dental, vision, paid holidays, paid time off, and company match SIMPLE IRA. Advancement opportunities are available.
Job responsibilities include:
• Respond to phone, email and walk-in inquiries with exceptional customer service
• Prepare and ship paddle and kayak accessories
• Create invoices, pay bills, receive and process payments
• Work with our production team, our shipping team, and our sales team to ensure a smooth workflow and information flow
• Update time clock and prepare hours reports
• Various other administrative tasks in the office and production areas
Our ideal candidate will have the following characteristics:
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Good computer skills and familiarity with MS Office: Outlook, Word, Excel
• Strong interpersonal skills with all levels of staff, dealers, vendors and our end-user customer
• Experience with accounting software, specifically SAGE 50 (formerly Peachtree), a plus
A background check is required.