Fiberglass / Kevlar Repair – Modulus Hull
For the interior of a Modulus hull
- Sand the damaged area with a medium grit sandpaper.
- Clean the area with acetone or isopropyl alcohol.
- Cut the fiberglass material to the proper size, overlapping the damaged area by 1″ on all sides.
- Mix the resin and catalyst. Make sure that you take into consideration the air temperature you are working in. The warmer the temperature, the faster the resin will harden.
- Apply mixed resin directly to hull at damaged area.
- Place fiberglass materials on wax paper and brush resin on to them working out any air bubbles with a paint brush. Be sure the cloth is fully saturated wih resin.
- Apply the wet materials to the damaged area and smooth out with a paint brush.
- Cover with plastic wrap to assure a smooth finish. After fully hard, remove the plastic.
- If necessary, sand down any rough edges. You are finished.